Friday, March 8, 2013

31 days on bed rest...

Roller coaster !

This week has been a melting pot for emotions. After our Monday visit to the doctor, our prescription was to 'continue what you're doing' but not without a discussion. I had a few questions ranging from wanting to know about blood clots in my legs, to exercises, to inquiring about a temporary handicap parking space until this baby boy decides its time to come out.

As soon as I asked about the parking pass, both the doctor and my husband, Joel, said, "Why?" at the same time. I wish I had a better answer than I did, but it just came out.  I said, "So that when spring training baseball starts, we can park close and wheel me in on a wheelchair to see some games from some great seats!" Dr. Rhea laughed at first because I think she thought I was kidding.  I wasn't! I love baseball! Not so much on tv, although its looking like tv will be my support system in this instance.

That was an invitation for my husband to throw me under the bus and say that since our last visit, I have begun to think I'm invincible.  Totally not true.  I haven't cooked, cleaned, functioned as a normal human for 31 days! Folding laundry on the couch is hardly a contribution. Having a two year old while on bed rest is torture on so many levels.

We didn't talk much on the way home, and he knew I was upset. What did I want? I wanted him to celebrate my persistence. I wanted him to tell her how wonderful I have been. I wanted him to say that even though it has been hard on all of us, we are all doing a great job and we are going to get through this.

I needed to know he is on my side. Dr. Rhea said we could revisit the baseball conversation after I reach 32 weeks.  I knew she was right, and I knew my question wasn't going to receive the answer I wanted to hear...just thought I might try anyway.

2 comments: